15 on the 15th

January 15, 2015 Sarah 15 Comments

Happy new year! 2014 Was the year that I did my first 365. I'm not sure yet if I'll do a full 365 again this year. But I am doing this blog project with the friends I made through my 365. 2015 Is the year of "wonder". As I'm going to spend a lot of time with my kids this year, I'm going to try to see the world trough their eyes. Look at the world as if it's the first time I see it... 

If you're interested to see how my friends all over the world spend their first days of this new year you can follow this blog circle. Next stop my talented Canadian friend Laura who will take you on a trip to Mexico!

I ended my 365 with a picture of the moon, so I couldn't think of a better picture to start of this new project!



I love all the good times I've spent with friends and family, but celebrating holidays with kids is really tiring. It always takes me a couple of days to get our life back on track. This image says it all...


After a couple of days the boys left the house again to go to work or school. And I went back to the routine of nap times and feedings. The free time I had left was used to get our 2014 albums printed. A new years resolution that almost drove me nuts. This year I'm going to organize my images better!!! 


For most of us the celebrations stop in January. For me it continues just a little longer. Happy birthday to me! The boys got me a birthday breakfast. 


After spending another day eating too much, a day at the beach sounds perfect! Although the weather was harsh I really enjoyed being out. To keep Marlow happy we also spend some time at the indoor playground. Finally venturing outside Marlow wasn't too happy he had to wear his hat and scarf.



I insisted on taking an actual walk on the beach, because the light was so beautiful (yes I'm the crazy lady with the camera). Around the 6th of January Belgian people store their christmas decorations and in the following weekend christmas trees are burned. It's fun to go to one of these events and drink hot wine or cocoa! Al was set up at the beach for the event, but because of the wind it was canceled. The trees covered with sand reminded me of big hairy spiders.

I got this beautiful scarf for my birthday, made by my mom. While giving directions to Bart for some pictures, I didn't see the waves coming and ended up with wet feed and trousers. But it was just too much fun to finally be in an inspiring place to stop me from making more pictures.



The most heartwarming things these last months are seeing my little girl starting to smile and my big boy turning into an amazing big brother. These two are already inseparable! 


While enjoying this family bliss my world got all shook up by the events in Paris. As a mom, wife, teacher and artist this really hit me hard. We all need the room to express our thoughts and create our art. 


Don't forget to visit my friends!








You Might Also Like

15 reacties:

Unknown said...

Love these, so much, Sarah!

Paraphrase said...

These are wonderful and I love how you shared a little bit about each one. I think the Christmas tree burning tradition and photo sticks out as a personal favourite!

Love, Wow!!! These are gorgeous!!!!!!

Kaylie said...

I love these Sarah! Such a neat tradition to burn Christmas trees! I'd never heard of that before and my husband actually lived in Belgium a few years--I'll have to ask him.

klaar said...

Beautiful pictures Sarah!! I'm so happy to be a part of you're amazing live. I love you and yours so much. Mam

Sarah said...

Thanks Caroline! I LOVE your work, so hearing this from you means so much to me!

Sarah said...

Thanks Laura! I had no idea how to start this blog, so I just wrote it the way I remembered it all. Might have to look at the other blogs for inspiration for our next round ;-)

Sarah said...

Thanks so much Lauren!

Sarah said...

It's a fun tradition! And it's really "gezellig" a word that I can't really translate because it's typical Dutch, It means something like cozy, friendly, feeling good,... I don't know if it's done all over Belgium, but it's done in de region where I live.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Dank u mama! Het is een enorme steun en plezier om dit allemaal met jou te mogen delen! Dikke knuffel xoxo

Paola said...

It´s so beautiful!!! I love your images, they are stunning and they tell a beautiful story!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks Paola! Happy you enjoyed my post!

Hele leuke blog om te lezen! Hopelijk volgt er nog :) Ben blij dat je je creativiteit met ons deelt! Xxx

Sarah said...

Bedankt Patty! De bedoeling is om dit in ieder geval maandelijks te doen. Wie weet krijg ik dan de smaak te pakken om ook over andere zaken te bloggen!