Circle of inspiration - backlight

July 08, 2015 Sarah 2 Comments

When we first learn to photograph most of us learn to shoot with the sun behind us. Your subject will be evenly and well lit. This works really well for landscapes and helps you to keep details in your sky. If you are familiar with my work, you might have noticed that I don't shoot a lot with the sun behind me. I just love to keep the sun as an element in my photos. It ads so much whimsy to an image. As a fan of color, I just can't resist the opportunity to play with lens flare. Here are some images I took at the water playground with the sun behind my subjects. I used the trees to hide some of the sun to keep more detail.

For more inspiration take a look at the amazing backlit images by Maibritt Olsen



You Might Also Like

2 reacties:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!!!

Paola said...

They are a delight to look at! You told me a beautiful, beautiful summer day story!